Thursday, November 20, 2008

BIG news...



Ah, this is my beloved Rotary Club. Naturally, as a member I am horribly biased but I think it is the best Rotary Club around! I am very proud to be a part of this organization. We are a large club (about 170 members) and are very active in our local and the international community. I have news about it however it won't be official for a few weeks so this is all I can say for now. I have had the chance to work on projects that benefit our high school students, our foreign students that are in Georgia on scholarships, our club itself with better ways to streamline and deliver information, and certainly I have had my share of hours of rolling up my sleeves and do the manual labor work. I have enjoyed every minute of it. We have secured a matching grant in the amount of $65,000 USD (About $100,000 FJD) to work on infant mortality issues in Fiji. I am a part of a team that will take a group from Georgia to Fiji to visit the project site and plan other projects. Rotary can open the world up to your imagination for great service and great fun. How big can you dream?

No comments: